Form GST TRAN-1 revision and extension of due date for revision
- Notification No. 34/2017-Central Tax, dated 15th September, 2017 inserts Rule 120A in Central GST Rules, 2017 stating that Form GST TRAN-1, filed within the prescribed time limit (28-9-2017), can be revised electronically once.
- Time limit within which such revision can be made will be such as specified in the rules (i.e. 28th September, 2017) or as extended by the Commissioner (in CBEC) in this behalf.
- The Commissioner has vide Order No. 2/2017-GST, dated 18th September, 2017, notified that the period for submitting declaration in Form GST TRAN-1 hereby exends till 31st October, 2017.
- In terms of the notification and order, the original date for filing of Form GST TRAN-1 stands at 90 days from the appointed day, which is 28th September, 2017. The extension is only for revision of Form GST TRAN-1.
- Accordingly, Form GST TRAN-1 needs to be filed by 28th September, 2017 and can be revised once, by 31st October, 2017.